This article would walk you through setting up anon your cameras MAIL SETTINGS. This settings will allow the camera to send an email as part part of the following conditions :
- On Schedule as specified in the TIME SCHEDULE section.
- On Motion Detection Requires motion detection be configured.
Please make sure you have all the required information before you begin.
REQUIREMENTS (Example here is using a Yahoo)
- SMTP Server address Example: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP Server Port Example: 25, 587, etc
- User name and password for the sender address account
- Type of security used by the mail service Either: SSL-TLS , STARTTLS, None This depends on your Service Provided
Once you have all the above information collected, follow the steps below to setup the email account:
Step 1. Login to your camera configuration pages
Step 3. Under the E-MAIL ACCOUNT section (Top of the page) enter the following information:
SMTP Server Address
SMTP Sever Port
Sender E-Mail Address
Receiver E-Mail Address
Use SSL-TLS/STARTTLS option
*Verification of the information in red is vital for proper configuration and operation
Step 4. Save configuration by clicking on the Save Settings button
Step 5. After the configuration has been saved, go to the bottom of the page under the TEST E-MAIL ACCOUNT section and click on Test to send a verification test email.
Step 6. A confirmation message displays. Go to STATUS > Device Info to see the results or check your inbox to look for the confirmation email sent.
If you are unable to get the email confirmation or if your email test resulted in a failure, check your SMTP server address and port settings. Verify the User Nave and Password. Check the Security Type settings information (if you are using your ISP SMTP service, contact your ISP support and ask them to verify the information used in their configuration) try again.